How to rent out your holiday home through Gites?
It is very simple - for you, but also for your potential guests! After you have approved the booking, they can safely and directly pay via Gites. You can manage your outstanding reservations in every detail.Start advertising right now
Guests pay their booking via Gites guaranteed by the SGR - this gives extra security and trust to potential guests.
Guests who book your holiday home use payment methods they are familiar with and enjoy extra security from Gites. And you can be sure that the payment is settled.
Complete freedom to make a specific offer to anyone interested.
You can process additional costs or reductions in the price offer before you approve it. Additionally, you can adjust arrival - and departure times if desired, or add other agreements to the booking.
Gites ensures that installments are paid in time
Automatic emails remind guests about upcoming payments. In one click they can pay via payment methods known to them.
Apply customised prices in the calendar, including additional charges.
Complete freedom to classify the rental year as you wish. Seasons, non available weeks, everything is possible! You can also clarify extra costs or discounts.
Renting out your holiday home step by step
Create your ad and set rental prices per period
You can create your own rental periods, think of high season and low season. For each period, you can specify minimum stay, fixed changeover days or even flexible periods ... Plus you can set fees for a deposit, cleaning, linen and towels.. During the booking process an exact price calculation based on these data is made for the potential guest.
A potential renter asks for additional information
You can use the contact form on your ad page to receive questions concerning your home from potential tenants. You can answer them via e-mail or through the Gites website. The perfect time to convince these potential renters to book your property! The renter can directly start booking from the conversation page on Gites...
I’ve received a booking request! Should I approve or reject it?
Once a new booking request comes in you have 48 hours to accept or reject it. If you wish to accept the booking, you can adjust the price by adding additional price lines. Think of details which the system does not know, such as taxes or varying discounts for longer rental periods. Then you give the renter a definitive offer. It has clearly been pointed out to the renter that the price has been adjusted. Additionally, you can communicate any alternative arrangements with the renter which are saved with the booking.
The tenant accepts the reservation definitively by means of a deposit
After you have approved the booking the renter receives an automatic message. He/she has 48 hours to make the deposit payment. In case the deposit is late you have the freedom to cancel the booking, or allow the renter more time. As soon as the renter has paid a rental contract is made which meets French legislation, as your house is located in France. This contract offers extra security to both property owner and renter.
The renter pays the following installments in fixed periods
Gites sends automatic reminders to renters and ensures that deadlines are paid on time. As property owner you do not have to do anything for this. And if the renter should not meet the deadlines, you can cancel the booking and receive (part of) the rental sum as stipulated in the policy.
Everything is settled, you will shortly receive the rental sum
When the final payment is received, you can prepare the house for the arrival of the guests. Two business days after the arrival of your guest you will be paid by Gites.
Payments, cancellations and warranty
- The renter pays Gites online and we offer the following payment methods : all countries in the world: Visa & Mastercard Additional per country. NL: iDeal, BE: Mister Cash, DE: Sofort, UK: Maestro.
- The safety deposit is arranged between property owner and renter, this does not involve Gites. It is possible to communicate about the deposit amount through Gites.
- Cancellations by the renter are handled by Gites in accordance to fixed cancellation policies. In case of a cancelation the property owner receives the booking deposits paid minus the commission.
- Cancellation by the property owner less than 28 days before the arrival date leads to a fine for the owner, the renter receives a compensation.
- We offer the renter a guarantee that his/her money is refunded if the house does not exist on arrival or is not available. In connection with this guarantee you are paid after the arrival of the renter. We make this payment within 2 business days.